HOW POINTS WORK
This is a unique form of non-specific holiday ownership that has all the benefits of timeshare. Instead of investing in a conventional timeshare week, one invests in a suitable amount of points. Each year, you will be allocated the amount of points which you purchased and you to decide how you wish to use them. The
higher the season, the more points you will require for that particular week. Each resort has a point's timetable wherein each week is allocated a certain amount of points according to the time of the year, the size of the accommodation and the grading of the resort.
• Owning points will give you the following options
• Holiday whenever you wish, for as long as you wish to the value of the points which you own.
• Holiday at any affiliated resort either locally or internationally.
• Utilise your points for weekend getaways only (weekends utilise 75% of week total points.) This would
only be applicable in South Africa.
• Enjoy midweek breaks (mid weeks only utilise 25% of the total week's points) As above.
• Accumulate your points by carrying over 100 % of any unused points for 3 years.
• Borrow from the year ahead if you wish to plan that really special holiday.
• Occupy any size unit according to the size of your holiday party.
• Purchase additional points at any time.
• Rent or sell any points that you may not be using.
Owning points will give you the following options
1. ARE MY POINTS RECOGNISED BY RCI?
Yes, you have the best of both worlds; you can use the stock within your own points club and use all RCI’s
facilities and resorts – thereby doubling your chances of getting what you require.
2. HOW DOES IT DIFFER FROM TIMESHARE?
With conventional Timeshare you own a specific week in a specific resort.
With points ownership you have none of the restrictions of conventional Timeshare. You are able to holiday
when you like, where you like, and as often as you wish, and the holidays that you don’t take can be saved up and used in the future.
3. SO HOW DO I JOIN?
You become a member by purchasing a number of point’s rights. These point’s rights entitle you to an
annual allocation of POINTS. You also become a member of the points Management Association to which all
points owners belong.
4. WHAT ARE HOLIDAY POINTS?
Your receive your allocation of Holiday Points each year and you use these points to exchange for Holiday
time in the Resort Accommodation for your points system.
You receive a Resorts Points Value Guide which will enable you to determine how many Points it will cost to
holiday in a particular unit size at a specific time of year. Peak season costs more Points than low season
times and large units more Points than small units, etc.
5. WHAT HAPPENS TO THE POINTS I DON’T USE?
All unused Points can be saved for up to 3–5 years.
6. SO THAT MEANS I DON’T HAVE TO GO ON HOLIDAY EVERY YEAR AND IF I STAY AT HOME I CAN HAVE TWICE THE HOLIDAY NEXT YEAR?
Yes, absolutely. And in addition if you don’t have sufficient Points for the holiday of your dreams this year
then you can borrow your Points from the next year.(on the understanding that you pay your levies up front)
7. THIS SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE?
Yes. If at any time you wish to increase your annual allocation of Points then all you need to do is purchase
more Points Rights from Cape Escape at the ruling price and add them to your portfolio.
8. SO THIS IS ALMOST LIKE AN INVESTMENT PLAN FOR FUTURE HOLIDAYS.
Yes, it is. But remember, it’s an investment in terms of holidays and not an investment for financial gain or
10. CAN I LET MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY USE MY POINTS?
Once again the answer is yes. You can book holiday accommodation using your Points for your friends and
family. You can even rent out accommodation that you book and earn income from your Points.
11. HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO BECOME A POINTS OWNER?
As little or as much as you want to spend. You can start with any number of Points Rights, depending on your budget. Thereafter you can increase your Points Rights ownership should the need arise.
12. HOW SECURE IS MY INVESTMENT?
A very good question. All holiday accommodation included in the points system is held in a Trust with the
points Management Association being the beneficiary of the Trust. .
In addition, there are independent trustees so the properties are totally secure.
13. WHERE CAN I USE MY POINTS?
The points system is expanding fast. Each Owner receives full details on all the Resorts included in the system
in their Points Value Guide. In addition, new Resorts are constantly being included in the system, and existing
points owners are able to holiday at these resorts as well. Should you need to holiday overseas, there are
over 3500 international resorts affiliated to RCI, enabling you to use your points overseas.
14. CAN I ALWAYS GO ON HOLIDAY IN PEAK SEASON?
Not all Owners can go on holiday at the same time and the beauty of this system is its flexibility and variety.
To cope with peak season demand the peak season times cost more Points than out of season and, in
addition, they work on a reservation priority status, which gives each Owner a fair deal over a period of time.
15. MUST I TAKE A FULL WEEK?
No. You can take mid week breaks for just 25% of the points for a full week and weekend getaways for 75%
of the Points. Consult your Points Value Guide for the various Resorts that offer this option.
16. WHAT OTHER COSTS ARE THERE?
In order to maintain the properties and to provide reception and housekeeping services, as well as to manage the entire system, a levy is charged annually. This levy is very carefully budgeted for and is under control of the POINTS Owners themselves.
Blue Martin Hotel
Chaka’s Rock Chalets
Chanpagne Sports Resort
Club Mykonos Langebaan
Corona Del Mar
Dolphin View Cabanas
Garden Route Chalets
Pine Lake Inn
Jeffrey’s Bay Villas
Kowie River Chalets
Kruger Park Lodge
Lady Hamilton Seaviews
La Cote D’Azur
La Lucia Sands
Perna Perna Umhloti
Manzi Monate Suntide Cabanas
Midlands Saddle & Trout
Perna Perna Mosselbay
Perna Perna St Lucia
Port Alfred Sands
Place on the Bay
Port Owen Marina
Ramsgate Beach Club
River Club Villas
Sabi River Sun
Salt Rock Palms
Silversands G’s Bay
Sodwana Bay Lodge
Sondela Nature Reserve
St Michael Sands
Sunshine Bay Beach Club
Suntide Banana Beach
Suntide Beach Club
Suntide Illovo Sands
Suntide Qunu Lodge
Hole in the Wall
Villa del Sol
INDEX OF THE SA. POINTS RESORTS
© Copyright Timeshare Resales South Africa 2017 (All Rights Reserved)